Friday, July 26, 2013

Update.


Hello my dear friends and readers:

I know it’s been awhile since my last post.  Several things have happened.  Because of continued back problems I went to my orthopedic doctor and it turns out my spinal deterioration has increased.  I now have three spinal joints in deterioration instead of just the one.  Those would be the last to lumbar joints and the first sacral.  This is not that unusual in patients with Cushing’s.  Both the leaching of calcium from the bones and the strain from the weight combine to cause the problems, which are pretty painful.  When we add the swings of my cortisol into Addison’s territory part of the time and I get a double whammy.

I also have another problem which I began to feel when I took my airplane trip back in April.  That would be bursitis in the hips.  Because of the Bursitis it is difficult to sit most of the time and it is also painful to rise from a sitting or lying position.  Given I weigh 366 pounds is it any wonder I developed inflammation of the bursas in that area?

Since then I’ve been looking into more research on Cushing’s, its causes and effects.  I’ve also looked into research suggesting the incidence of Cushing’s is much wider than the medical community realizes.  Some of the things I’ve learned will be presented in other posts.  However, I still do have to put up with the new problems and adapt, which is taking some time.

So keep an eye out for what’s ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment